- Jaguar Land Rover delivers strong April sales performance retailing 37,171 vehicles, up 30%
- Jaguar sells 5,511 vehicles in April, up 17%
- Land Rover sells 31,660 vehicles in April, up 33%
- Calendar year to date Jaguar Land Rover sells 161,947 vehicles, up 12%
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK's leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles delivered a record breaking sales performance in April, retailing 37,171 vehicles in the month, up 30% versus the same period last year. During the first four months of the year, Jaguar Land Rover sold 161,947 vehicles, up 12%.
In April, Jaguar Land Rover reported sales increases in all of its key regions as follows: the China Region up 72%, Europe up 27%, Asia Pacific up 25%, the UK up 24%, North America up 19% and other overseas markets up 3%. Calendar year to date sales were also up in all major regions with the China Region up 44%, Asia Pacific up 16%, North America up 14%, Europe up 3%, the UK and other overseas markets were both up 1%.
Commenting on the April performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: “April sales continue the positive momentum we saw in the first quarter of 2014. Alongside the F-TYPE, all three Range Rover models delivered record April sales performances reflecting the global appeal of our strongest ever vehicle line up.”
In April, Jaguar sold 5,511 vehicles up 17% with a strong performance from the F-TYPE. Jaguar’s regional performance was as follows: the China Region up 71%, Europe up 15%, the UK up 12%, Asia Pacific up 2% and other overseas markets in line with the prior year. Sales in North America were down 8% owing to model launch activity in the corresponding month of 2013.
Calendar year to date, Jaguar sold 29,542 vehicles up 19% with regional performances as follows: the China Region up 53%, North America up 22%, the UK up 10%, Asia Pacific up 7% and other overseas up 10%. Sales in Europe were down by 4%.
In April, Land Rover sold 31,660 vehicles, up 33% thanks to new records from all three Range Rover models. The Range Rover Sport delivered its best April sales performance since 2006. Land Rover saw increases for the month in all regions as follows: the China Region up 72%, Asia Pacific up 31%, Europe up 29%, North America up 28%, the UK up 27% and other overseas markets up by 4%.
Calendar year to date, Land Rover sold 132,405 vehicles up 11%. Regional performances were as follows: the China Region up 42%, Asia Pacific up 18%, North America up 12% and Europe up 4%. The UK and other overseas markets were down by 1%.
Notes to editors:
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Jaguar Land Rover has been named Responsible Business of the Year by Business in the Community (BITC).
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles, up 19%. Of that, Jaguar sold 76,668 vehicles and Land Rover sold 348,338 vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2.75bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2014.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- In the 12 months to 31 March 2013, Jaguar Land Rover generated profit before tax of £1.675bn with revenues of £15.8bn.
For more information, please visit www.newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com or contact:
Ken McConomy, Head of Corporate Relations M: +44 7714 725 236 E: email@example.com
Nicola Rzeznik, Senior Communications Officer M: + 44 (0) 7736 912266 E: firstname.lastname@example.org