JAGUAR I-PACE CHARGES AHEAD IN EV RACE
Jaguar unveils all-electric I-PACE in live global broadcast ahead of public debut at Geneva Motor Show 6th March
· Audience watch live as I-PACE comes to life in one of the world’s most advanced electric vehicle (EV) production facilities
· Jaguar brings over 80 years of automotive experience to the EV market
· Hosted by British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, TV presenter and EV enthusiast, Jonny Smith and American tech guru, iJustine
· Nine year olds Lola and Hudson give Jack Whitehall an I-PACE technology tour: Watch here
· Electrifying performance, super car looks, 480 km* range and rapid charging place Jaguar at the forefront of the EV revolution
· To meet the creators and the makers of I-PACE tune in to ‘Fully Charged’ documentary
· I-PACE on sale now from £ 63 495**in the UK
· Watch the I-PACE reveal here
*Based on European WLTP cycle
**Price excludes government incentives
Graz, Austria, 1 March 2018 – Jaguar’s first all-electric production vehicle, the I-PACE, has been unveiled to the world in a live broadcast.
British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, self-proclaimed EV enthusiast and TV presenter Jonny Smith and American tech guru iJustine, hosted a special live show as the first I-PACE rolled off the production line in Plant Graz, Austria, one of the world’s most advanced EV production facilities, where the car will be built.
When it came to explaining the technology behind I-PACE, host comedian Jack Whitehall enlisted the help of Jaguar’s newest vehicle experts, nine year olds Lola and Hudson. Watch it here
Ahead of this weekend’s FIA Formula E race at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez E-Prix circuit in Mexico City, the Jaguar I-PACE was pitted against both the Tesla Model X 75D and 100D in a 0 km/h-100 km/h – 0 km/h head-to-head challenge. Panasonic Jaguar Racing’s Mitch Evans got behind the wheel to showcase the acceleration and braking power of Jaguar’s first EV against the Tesla models, driven by former IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan.
The I-PACE has a state-of-the-art Lithium-ion battery and offers sports car performance of 0-100 km/h in 4.8 s alongside the practicality of a 480 km range (WLTP cycle) and 0-80 % charging time of 40 min. Allied with its concept car looks and next-generation artificial intelligence, it is set to be the perfect everyday EV consumers have been waiting for.
‘Fully Charged’ the documentary aired at the end of the broadcast, giving a behind-the-scenes insight into the creators and makers of I-PACE. Watch it here
Designed and engineered in the UK, the I-PACE will be built in Plant Graz, Austria, as part of Jaguar Land Rover’s manufacturing partnership with Magna Steyr. It joins Jaguar’s growing family of SUVs, alongside the all-new E-PACE and multiple award-winning F-PACE.
I-PACE receives its public debut at Geneva Motor Show on 6th March.
I-PACE is on sale now from £ 63 495 in the UK. In addition to S, SE and HSE derivatives, there will also be a limited number of First Edition I-PACE models available.