THE ULTIMATE Q-CAR: NEW TOURING SPECIFICATION FOR WORLD’S FASTEST PRODUCTION SEDAN, JAGUAR XE SV PROJECT 8
- Limited-run collector’s edition Jaguar XE SV Project 8 features discreet fixed spoiler in place
of rear aerodynamic wing
- 600 PS road-focused Touring specification delivers exceptional performance with 0-60 mph
in 3.3 sec and a top speed of 186 mph (300 km/h)
- Production strictly limited to no more than 15 four-seat vehicles worldwide, making Touring specification the most exclusive XE SV Project 8 derivative*
- Touring specification available in four signature Project 8 paint finishes, including British Racing Green and Corris Grey Satin
- Future classic evokes spirit of iconic motorsport-proven Jaguar touring cars including ‘Coombs’
Mk II and ‘Broadspeed’ XJC – in the Mk II’s 60th anniversary year
Fen End, UK – 5 June 2019: Jaguar’s Special Vehicle Operations division has developed a more restrained, road-oriented version of the extreme XE SV Project 8 featuring a discreet new rear spoiler, delivering a covert design that belies the 600 PS vehicle’s race track-honed performance capabilities.
The new Touring specification is available alongside existing 200 mph Project 8 derivatives, which currently hold production sedan lap records on three continents – at circuits including the Nürburgring Nordschleife, Dubai Autodrome and Laguna Seca.
The fixed Touring Spoiler replaces Project 8’s adjustable carbonfibre rear aerodynamic wing (which generates more than 122 kg of downforce at 186 mph in Track Mode) and is complemented by a fixed front splitter to maintain aerodynamic balance.
Despite this significant aerodynamic revision, the 5.0 l Supercharged V8 Project 8 with Touring
Spoiler retains an extraordinary level of on-road performance and driver engagement for a sports
sedan, accelerating from 0-60 mph in 3.3 sec (0-100 km/h in 3.7 sec) and on to a limited top speed
of 186 mph (300 km/h).
Jamal Hameedi, Engineering Director, Jaguar Special Vehicle Operations, said: “Project 8 has received outstanding critical acclaim since its launch, demonstrating the Special Vehicle Operations team’s ability to create a compact Jaguar sedan with supercar-rivalling performance. Touring specification extends the appeal of Project 8 to performance car enthusiasts and collectors who prefer a more discreet appearance, without compromising its driver-focused on-road dynamics.”
Special Vehicle Operations will hand-assemble no more than 15 examples of the Touring specification Project 8 at its Technical Centre in Warwickshire, exclusively in four-seat configuration.
Valencia Orange, Velocity Blue, Corris Grey Satin and British Racing Green paint finishes are available, while the absence of body decals – though optional – confirms this as the ultimate Q car.